Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome fellow food enthusiasts! This blog is meant to be a place for sharing the joys and occasional pitfalls of cooking, dining, sharing meals with friends and family and everything in between.

My love affair with food has been an important part of my life for longer than I can remember. My mother (love her dearly) was not a born chef and worked full time, so I was introduced to the restaurant world early enough. However, my grandmother taught high school home economics for twenty-seven years and it was from her that I learned cooking essentials, meal planning and other tips and tricks that I still use to this day. Dining both in and out of the home are valuable and special in their own way.
Three generations :)

I am not what some might call a "food snob". I believe that any meal is what you make of it and that people find satisfaction in the most widespread of places. There is a time and place for every kind of food, whether it's a renowned Mexican restaurant like Frontera Grill, a tiny hole in the wall burrito joint in a strip mall or even the occasional 2:00 AM Taco Bell feast.

With the privilege of savoring delicious food and drink comes a responsibility to health. Over the past several years I have had great success with using Weight Watchers as a way to balance a love (sometimes lust!) for food with a healthy approach to nutrition. Many of my recipes will include information so that others using the Weight Watchers plan can more easily incorporate them into their day.

Thanks so much for joining me here, I sincerely hope you enjoy! Cheers y'all!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment